Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

B-day

Today is my mom's birthday. (Yes, I will phone her tonight.) I'm a gentleman, so I won't tell you her age (but I will hint). It is the diamond anniversary of her birth, or, for those of you who are more inclined to do math than look up traditional anniversary presents, the gift card I mentioned in my 9/6/07 post is 2/3 of her age.

For some reason, since my dad died, my mother has revealed how much she weighs and how much weight she has lost and, "I haven't weighed that since I was in college." She always has been the type of woman who says, "A lady never responds to a question whose answer is a number." Now she's freely telling me and my friend Gimpy (and who knows whom else) how much she weighs. I guess, when I wasn't looking, my mom reached the age where the "woman's prerogative" has been replaced with "old enough to eat dessert first".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home