Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Let's go chopping.

I find it oddly satisfying to use my cutting board to chop ingredients for an honest-to-goodness handmade meal.

And, since I started the pun, I'll state that the only type of shopping I actually do (and like) is to shop for plants. I could spend hours at a nursery, seeing what's there, comparing the forms and growth habits, etc. Plus, if I have someone with me who is interested in learning a little, it's even more fun for me.

Sometimes, though, I catch myself talking more about plants than I should. Yesterday, I drove Thing One to the campus bookstore. On the way, she pointed and said, "What are those?" I replied, those are Purple-leaf Chokecherries... or did you mean the little buildings with domes on them?" She meant the buildings.

For the record, they are the campus observatory.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, March 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What plants shall I buy for outside on my balcony and inside for the corner where the thin window is above the door in that corner of the room. Email me backas I don't look at this as often as I should. Love~warren

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home