Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, September 15, 2008

Let there be light.

"Then God commanded, 'Let there be light', and light appeared. God was pleased with what he saw. Then He separated the light from the darkness, and He named the light 'Day' and the darkness 'Night'. Evening passed and morning came; that was the first day." (Genesis 1:3-5, Good News Bible)

While I was in Albuquerque for my mother's birthday this weekend, the electrician connected all of the non-working lights on my veranda to the two that do work. I'm glad he was able to do it, and he did such a neat job that there are only two places (out of sixteen) where I can see the new wiring, but I'm afraid I disappointed him with my reaction.

Apparently, he thought he'd surprise me by leaving the lights on for me to see when I arrived home. He phoned me that evening and asked if I had gotten home yet, and I told him I was in ABQ. "Oh," and, "I guess I'd better go back there and shut the lights off then."

I walked around my veranda and the condo property last night to see if the additional lighting made a difference. The electrician said my neighbors "loved it" when he had them on as a test. Maybe I would have loved it, too, if there weren't a full moon last night, shining down on everything. Ask me in a couple of weeks, when the moon is new, if I can see a difference.

Inside, it is noticeably brighter with the new lights shining through my blinds, but it didn't keep me from sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home