Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tommy, can you hear me?

Our deaf seasonal employee (second year he has worked here) just walked by my office, speaking very loudly. I stupidly wondered why he was speaking so loudly. After all, we already have Ob and Sub for that. Then I realized that, being deaf, he has no concept of volume control. So, I wondered to myself, if he's already deaf, do we need to provide him with earplugs when he operates equipment like backpack blowers or weedwhackers?

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, March 12, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prisoners that are to receive a lethal injection must still have the injection site sterilized and a clean needle must be used.

I'd say that, even though he is deaf, the regs probably still apply.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home