Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Like Flames to a Moth

"Ooh!" Zzzzt!

"Ooh!" Crackle!

"Ooh! Ow!"

That's the status of my job hunt so far.

University job = I made the "short list", but not one of the four interviews (what do those four have that I don't have?). Las Cruces job #1 = out of 131 applicants, I stand a snowball's chance in Las Cruces. Las Cruces job #2 = they didn't tell you yet that we filled the position three weeks ago? Oklahoma City job #1 = we didn't state it in the job posting, but we actually want someone with 15+ years experience as a general manager. Oklahoma City job #2 = we didn't state it in the job posting, but we actually want someone with "train the trainer" experience. Chattanooga job = I was the last of four telephone interviews, and the manager optimistically said I would have an answer in 24 hours. (Considering that would have been today, and it's almost 9 o'clock p.m., either he was too optimistic, or he's waiting for the other three applicants to turn him down before he offers it to me.) Aspen job = just an automated response saying that my application was received (yeah, and that's all I got for the Las Cruces jobs, too). Colorado Springs job = they have an on-site interview Monday, and if they don't like him/her, they might ask to see my resume (but what's the chance that they will if they're already seeing someone in person?).

Maybe I should apply for that U.S. Virgin Islands job, even if I don't have the background they're looking for. What could it hurt?

Zzzt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home