Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, June 12, 2009

The world may never know.

Earlier this school year, a professor who taught me in college joined a committee I was chairing. I asked friends and coworkers if I should continue to call her Doctor, as I had as a student, or by her first name, now that I was an "adult". Answers included to call her Doctor because that's her title, to call her Doctor because that's what I always had called her, or to call her Doctor unless she said it was okay to call her by her first name.

She e-mailed everyone recently that she will become an administrator at another university. I haven't seen her since the committee meeting. I won't be able to find out what she prefers me to call her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home