Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, July 30, 2010

Every Good Boy Does Fine / Good Boys Do Fine Always

It's a lot easier to be a good boy when there's no temptation in the first place.

The donut place across from the bowling alley is a Krispy Kreme. I don't like Krispy Kreme; I prefer Dunkin' Donuts. (Actually, I prefer Tim Horton's, but since I live in the U.S.A. and not Canada, it's not an option.)

There are now two Dunkin' Donuts franchises in the Noog metropolitan area: in Hixson (north of town) and Ft. O. (south of town). Thankfully, I think that's too far to drive just for donuts. (However, I did go to Ft. O. this past weekend to eat at The Apocalypse and buy half-price annual flowers at Holcomb Garden Center, so, since I was in the neighborhood...)

There used to be a Russell Stover candy store in the bowling alley parking lot, but they closed a few weeks ago. According to the sign on the door, the next closest stores are in Manchester, TN and Athens, TN. You want me to drive how far for candy?

It's tough to be virtuous and resist temptation when there's no temptation to resist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home