Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, July 09, 2010

Nor Any Drop to Drink

Ugh. I spent all afternoon yesterday seeking (and finding, unfortunately) leaks in the irrigation system around the middle school building. I took 20 flags with me to mark any problem sites, and by zone ten I had used 16 of them. It was late; I was tired, overheated (couldn't drink any of the irrigation water because it comes from our retention pond, not treated water), and I was more than a bit cranky, so I went home. I'll check out the other six zones today -- if I have any time after trying to replace all the broken (or missing) sprinklers I found. That also means the hole dug around the leak under the fence downhill from the middle school will stay open, and I'm going to pretend that the leak I couldn't find (but I know it's there because the other sprinklers are suffering from reduced pressure -- the ones that pop up at all, that is) isn't there because I don't need to dig yet another hole.

Of all the times for my irrigation guy to go on his annual mission to China and for there to have been no rain for the past two or three weeks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home