Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

T.G.I.N.M.

That stands for "Thank goodness it's not Monday."

It finally stopped raining sometime overnight, and the sun is out this morning. (But I'll be darned if I can find my tinted safety glasses now.)

Even brighter news is that someone found my cell. phone yesterday and anonymously left it on a secretary's desk. She was bright enough (definitely brighter than I) to remove the battery and let both parts dry overnight. She turned it in to the campus purchasing director (who unfortunately had acted rapidly on my e-mail this morning and already ordered me a new phone), and he got it back to me.

I was able to receive a test call and check my saved numbers, but I'm still going to borrow some rice, just in case.

Oh, that's because the food service director says that putting the phone and battery into a container of rice allows the rice to absorb whatever residual moisture may be inside the components. (I'll have to ask her if one can cook the rice afterward.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home