Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, December 26, 2010

What's in Santa's Sack?

I don't want to turn this into a whose-is-bigger/better contest, but I do want to mention some of the gifts I received yesterday.

Thing One gave me a desk lamp for my computer desk. I should've guessed this one was coming, since she came over to use my computer the other night and said, "You need a desk lamp!" She also made me two, king size pillowcases with owls in the pattern. I can't possibly find any sheets that will match them (and if you know of yellow, pink, and lime green sheets, there ain't no way you're putting them on my bed!)

Skippy and the St. Bernard each gave me a generic (can be used anywhere) gift card. I only mention these because J.C. Penney's curtains and drapes are 50% off today and tomorrow, and I might like some of the patterns I've seen on their website, so I might actually venture to a store tomorrow, regardless of the traffic. (I'm thinking of the Hixson site, rather than Idiotville. Then, I can take Thing One with me and introduce her to Nana's frozen custard.)

Miss Kitty and her husband gave me a bottle of Georgia On My Mind peach-flavored Muscadine wine by Georgia Wines, Inc. The label comes complete with a regional alcohol warning, on top of the standard, federal warning. "As with any food product, caution concerning abuse is advised. (Ephesians 5:18)" For those of you without access to a Christian Bible, the citation reads thus. "Do not get drunk with wine, which will only ruin you; instead, be filled with the Spirit." Mind you, the next several verses of Ephesians urge wives to "submit" to their husbands, so you might not be all that chuffed to obey the anti-drunkenness warning.

Still, if you want to play it safe, why not buy me a bottle of spirits next year? Some 12-year old Scotch might be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home