Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I'm beginning to feel like a certain sperm whale.

Last night, as I was rolling over, I registered the sound of sirens. Normally, I'd fall back asleep, but I also registered them cutting off and that they sounded a lot closer than usual.

"Oh, no! Not again!" was what I thought as I climbed out of my warm bed into the cold room and ventured toward the living room to look out the window. I was right, but not in the way you'd expect. A fire engine was there, all right, but it was parked two houses down, not at the Nougats' across the street.

This is still an "again" moment, since I haven't yet mentioned the other night. Someone's burglar alarm went off at 2:52 a.m. on Sunday, blasted for ten minutes, was off for a minute, blasted for another minute, then was silent the rest of the night -- er, morning. I think it was the same house, since I've heard their alarm before (only not at night). I know it wasn't mine, and Officer Krupke says it wasn't any of the school's houses. (Interestingly, no police cars showed up to investigate.)

Not only am I getting cranky (crankier?) from interrupted sleep, but if I keep missing my "beauty sleep" I'm liable to look older than I am, and I'll be darned if I let that happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home