Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Riddle me this.

Last night, I dreamt the answer to a riddle. It's an old, familiar riddle, but I can't quite recall the correct wording, so I don't want to attempt it here and ruin it for you.

In the dream, one person posed the riddle to another, and he left, puzzled. The questioner went into another room and said the riddle to a church secretary, who responded, "Oh, everybody knows it's [answer]."

Well, I didn't know that. I've heard the riddle several times over the years and never figured out the answer. Even more strangely, no one has ever told me the answer. So then, how did I know the answer when I was asleep?

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, February 17, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

I'd say either your subconscious figured it out for you, or you did hear the answer somewhere and had forgotten. Then again... Are you sure it was even the right answer? :)

 
At 5:18 AM, February 18, 2011 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

It was a right answer, but I don't know if it was the right answer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home