Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, April 28, 2011

An Owl Pun (You have been warned!)

I've been on an owl collecting binge since I got that bookcase with the glass doors. (Don't worry, Betty: one shelf for owls, all the rest for books.) It's amazing how many owl figurines and other stuff one can find at thrift stores!

I did buy a new owl, though. It's nearly graduation time, and the floral section of the grocery store had stuffed owls wearing mortarboards. How could I resist?

It's made by the Aurora company, so I thought that Aurora would be a good name. Check that. Aurora would be the perfect name: Aurora Boreowlis.

Okay, if you're still able to breathe after that one, look at this funny "commercial" for Aurora's kin.



I think I'll ask Aurora to make my dinner tonight. ("Sous chef" just makes me laugh more than it ought to.)

3 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, April 28, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

Oh, well, one shelf of owls on a bookcase just gives you room for more books later if you need it. :)

 
At 5:04 AM, April 29, 2011 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

True, they can always perch on top. (They might even prefer it.)

Incidentally, Thing One has beaten all my readers to the punch. She asked if Aurora was the school's new mascot, since we work at McCowlie School.

 
At 6:14 AM, April 29, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

Groan. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home