Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Canary in the Coal Mine

Several months ago (about half a year, probably), I submitted a work order request that sometimes there was hot water in the showers in the coaches' locker room, and sometimes there wasn't. Froggy made noises like he'd have his plumber fix it, and the problem went away (at least as far as I experienced). The other day, the swimming coach said the problem is again (or still) occurring. Yesterday, one of the middle school teachers asked me, "Is there any hot water?" and I replied, "There is right now." But, of course, Froggy doesn't listen to me.

Yesterday (and please note that I didn't really want to post this whine, but it's my time of the month, so I'm going to), I found out that Froggy brought in a company to cut out part of a concrete wall in our old shop, as a remodel for Miss Kitty's crew to move in. While I was picking up a can of wasp spray from our chemical room, I saw Skippy fingering the light switch to our former tool room, and I said, "Oh, that never worked right." I didn't add, "even though I put in two work order requests to fix it," because I thought I'd sound snarky. That tells me how highly I rate here, though, that Miss Kitty can have a wall taken out, but I can't even get a light switch fixed.

The filling in this cream puff, though, is what Elmer Fudd found out from one of Miss Kitty's crew supervisors. The reason the wall was taken out was so her crew wouldn't have to walk outside between their break room and the offices/bathrooms. Apparently, my crew isn't that special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home