Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 04, 2011

Sharing My Evil Genius with the World

I know I have a small group of readers, but, every so often, someone might stumble across my blog and wonder, "Who is this guy, who thinks he's so witty?" Then, of course, they discover how truly awesome I am. I'm humble, too. :)

This isn't a new thought for me, but it's a new blog topic. Seeing as how I work at a high school and use their weight room for my workout, I thought this morning of something I had shared with my friend Betty some time ago. It was about our high school fight song.

Hoorah for lions!
Hoorah for lions!
Someone in the crowd's shouting
Hoorah for lions!
1-2-3-4
Who are we for?
Lions, that's who!


Something had always bugged me about that song, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Finally, it dawned on me: there were two things wrong with that song. So, I revised it to be grammatically and mathematically correct.

Hoorah for lions!
Hoorah for lions!
Someone in the crowd's shouting
Hoorah for lions!
1-1-2-3
For whom are we?
Lions, that's whom!


You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see a football team go to every marching band competition. It's only fair, since I had to go to every darned football game, just because I was in the marching band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home