Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, December 09, 2011

It's Rhyme Time

A new vehicle appeared in our school's bus lot. It has arched windows, native American pots at strategic locations, a wide swath of basketweave pattern, and faded red stripes. It definitely doesn't look like one of our school buses. "What's the bus from Mexicali doing in the parking lot?" I asked Skippy. He explained that it was bought used (for a school with money, why don't they buy anything new?) and would be refinished to become our on-campus shuttle (since our precious visitors can't walk from the parking lots to the buildings).

I started thinking about this, once I realized that the city I named rhymes with our school's name. And it doesn't look like a bus so much as an old-fashioned means of public transportation. And, if my grandmother were to ask my mother about it, using her pet name for my mom, the question would come out like this.

What's the Mexicali trolley doing at McCallie, Dolly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home