Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Second Interview

The second interview went well.  The interviewer seemed to focus on a couple of aspects of the job, by going back to questions about certain ideas.  At other times, I wasn't sure if there was a hidden reason behind other questions, but what could I do but answer truthfully?

The job sounds like something I could do, and one I might enjoy.  I also figure that the interviewer thinks I could do the job, or else I wouldn't have had a second interview after they checked my references.  (Why a Skype interview, though, instead of another phone call, especially since the interviewer made an offhand comment about me checking out the place in person, as well?)

Still, after all was said and done, there was nothing inside me screaming, "Yes!  Yes, I want this job over any other!"  I seem to be considered favorably for two jobs (and I'm trying to keep my humility going), so which might I choose?  Will my interview with someone else tomorrow make any difference?

Yes, I know:  there are worse problems to be had.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, January 30, 2013 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write up an unweighted cost/benefit analysis for each. Score a one for every benefit (i.e. high salary, close to friends, etc.), a -1 for every cost or anything that detracts (i.e. lots of traffic, 400mph wind storms, etc.), and score zero for anything that doesn't make a point of difference between the two (i.e. location is sunny, both have a decent medical plan, etc.). Add it up and whichever scores higher is your job. If the score is the same then flip a coin because it won't really matter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home