Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, February 15, 2013

Always the Guardsman, Never the Guarded

It struck me, as I was assisting Robomarkov in Tucson this week, that I seem destined for a support role in life.

Back in college, I helped form and name two groups of friends intended to assist a couple of other friends.  The Elite Guard was chartered to protect our friend from the world -- and the world from our friend.  The Unitarian Guard was formed for a similar reason for a different friend.  (Both names are puns which you would think very witty if I weren't suppressing the explanations for privacy.)

A similar example is that I seem destined to be on Purse Patrol.  You know the feeling, guys, holding the handbag of your wife/girlfriend/sister/mother/friend as she tries on whatever garment or shoes in whatever store, while you're trying to be inconspicuous and trying not to catch anyone's eye, but when you do, it's another guy who's thinking, "Buddy, I got it the same as you do."

So, after helping Robomarkov, I figure, "Eh, that's what friends do."  I still need to come up with a name for this one, though.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, February 18, 2013 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do thank you for your help, and your company. Just know that I would have certainly not hesitated to do the same for you.

And don't forget the sappy pancakes. I meant it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home