Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

No pigs were harmed in the making of this blog.

I am visiting my friend Robomarkov, who kindly fixed bacon and eggs for my breakfast.  Well, he calls it bacon.  It actually is turkey bacon, which I refer to as "fake'n".

The color is wrong.  The texture is wrong.  The flavor is wrong.  The shape is too uniform.  I felt even more like Arthur Dent than usual, when I realized that the product was almost but not quite entirely unlike bacon.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, February 18, 2013 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, my children, having a mother who is allergic to pork in any form, have been forced to eat turkey "bacon" all their lives. They have been trained to think of bacon in this artificial context.

It makes me sad to think about it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home