Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Hooray!

I have obtained a job!

I will be working for my former employer (in a different division and region) in Tulsa, OK.  My start date is to be April 8.

The salary will be less than I made previously, but it's more than the posted rate was.  (I think the recruiter persuaded them to bump it up a bit.)  I think I should be able to cover all my expenses, even the rent and utilities that I expect to be higher than I had in the Noog.

Hmm, I wonder if I can come up with a nifty nickname for Tulsa?

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, March 10, 2013 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can they reinstate your 401k or other retirement benefits?

 
At 10:48 AM, March 12, 2013 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

I hadn't yet moved my funds from the 401(k) to my IRA (on the off chance that something like this would happen), so I expect so. I'm more interested in knowing if I'll get another week of vacation or not. I had been told back in the Noog that, although my time with the company added up to more than ten years, I wouldn't get the additional week until I had earned ten years consecutively. If the company says I have to start over again, I'm going to pitch a hissy fit at the HR department.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home