Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, April 29, 2013

I presume the pace will pick up eventually.

While I was staying with my mom, I reread all of my beloved children's books (and most of hers).  One of my favorite authors/illustrators was Richard Scarry.  One of his many books is called What Do People Do All Day?  In my case, the answer is:  nothing much; sit down a while; maybe move around a little.

I found some more schools today.  That involves sitting in a truck, driving to the school, checking it off on my list, determining my route to the next school, and repeating until two or more hours is filled.  When I got back to the office, I went to the main office and sat there for what turned into four hours, manning the phones while the office staff (who normally woman the phones, and that's not sexist, that's fact) belatedly celebrated Administrative Professionals Day.  I received four phone calls in that time, none of which was an emergency.  (But I got through half of my book.)  By then, it was nearly time to get off work, at which time I tried a different route (the freeways) to my future apartment complex, so I could pay my deposit and measure the rooms.  (It took 20 minutes to drive from work to the complex, a distance of just under ten miles.)  After I finished there, I got stuck in traffic because of road construction.  This time, it took 20 minutes to drive just two miles.

Now, of course, I'm doing nothing but sitting here, exercising my fingers.  It would be tough to write an interesting book about that.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, April 30, 2013 , Blogger Betty said...

I was a big fan of Richard Scarry when I was a kid, too. I made a point of being sure my nephew had at least one of his books when he was a toddler.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home