Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

That's what I get for opening my mouth.

I should've known better even to sound as if I were complaining.  I now have to do extra work.  Funnily enough, it involves sitting around.  :)

An employee who normally works during athletic events had a family emergency today.  My boss couldn't reach his supervisor, and the guy's coworkers either had games of their own to work or wouldn't answer their phones either.  Guess who it comes down to to work the games?

Actually, my boss and I are splitting the two games, but he chose the earlier one because he says he has farther to drive home than I do.  If I weren't such a nice guy, and if I weren't afraid of being written up for insubordination, I would've said, "Why don't you take the later game, since I'm always up at 4:30 and in the office by 5:30, but we never know if you're going to be in at 6:00 or 7:00 or whenever?"

Worse yet, it's a soccer game.  I know it's the world's most popular sport, but as far as interesting goes, I rank it barely above golf.  I had more fun watching curling at the winter Olympics.  I'm definitely taking a couple of books with me.  (The stadium has lights, so I know I'll be able to see.)

For that matter, I'm not sure why I have to sit through the game, if all I have to do is lock the restroom doors and shut off the lights.  I could just show up at the end of the game and do that.  However, the employee told my boss that he always is on hand.  I don't know what I possibly could do if an emergency arises.  Say a toilet backs up.  I'll end up calling my boss and ask him to call the maintenance manager, who will call the plumbing crew supervisor, who will assign someone to drive out there.  Well, I suppose that's better than a toilet backing up and there being no one to initiate the round of phone calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home