Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Shelled

The POD is empty, thanks to two of my employees (and one of their sons).  Now comes the drudgery of unpacking boxes and stuffing shelves.  I couldn't get into the right frame of mind yet, so I left the apartment and decided to take a break.  Lunch out, anyone?  (I'll have leftover pizza from the other night for dinner, so it's not as if I'm wasting precious funds on meals out all the time.)

Naturally, I'm inclined to try this place, but maybe not today.  I'm in the mood for a more relaxing place, someplace with less expensive-sounding menu items, someplace closer to the hotel or apartment, or, ideally, all three.  I will go to the White Owl some day soon (and ask if they sell T-shirts).

I'm drafting a shopping list for things I need.  Furniture polish is one item (I'm almost out), and I'm blocking several outlets with heavy furniture, so I need a couple more power strips so I can plug things in.  I'd really like some flowers to plant in the pots now on my patio.  I know they're not a necessity, but I can buy them and furniture polish at the same store, so....  I'll keep making my list today as I unpack, and if I'm a good boy and get a lot of boxes emptied, I could treat myself tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home