Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, May 17, 2013

Squeak, Rattle, and Roll

The borrowed dolly made unloading boxes from the POD almost enjoyable today.  It certainly was a pleasure to move more than one box at a time.  Indeed, if I didn't have the dolly, those two, large boxes would've been in the way of removing all of the others.  I even got one nightstand and the console table into the apartment, as well as my bedroom rug.

I face a dilemma, though.  If I lay the rug on top of the carpeting in the bedroom, then the bedroom door probably won't close, and the closet door most assuredly won't.  It took a few minutes of pondering before I thought of laying it in the living room, as long as it doesn't interfere with the vertical blinds by the sliding glass door.  Then, I suppose, the rug I had bought for my Noog living room but never did put down probably can go under the dining table.  At any rate, they occupy less space all spread out than they do rolled up (well, as far as storage space).

I decided that I would start fresh tomorrow morning by getting as much off the bedroom and living room floors as I can, so there's enough room to bring in and maneuver furniture.  (Considering how I've nearly filled the two closets already, I guess I'll start stacking boxes in the bathtub.)  I did have some trouble getting large boxes on the dolly into the bedroom, so it's just as well my bed is in pieces and my nightstands are small.  We'd never be able to manage shoving the sectional around a corner like that.  That basically eliminates every space but the dining room for my fancy bookcase.  Oh well, tomorrow will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home