Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, May 09, 2013

The best laid plans of mice and men...

Considering all the new things I have to learn, it shouldn't surprise me that I forgot the key parts of what I had planned for after work today.  It was payday, so I anticipated going to the bank and, while at the supermarket, pick up some items.  Well, I forgot to take a deposit slip with me.  I also forgot to take a payment method for the purchases.  And that was the stuff I had thought of before another night of little sleep.

11:59 p.m.  BOOM!  That wasn't just, "Oh.  Thunder.  I guess it's raining."  It was, "Holy clap [as in clap of thunder - like how I did that?] that was loud!"  It was immediately followed by a pickup truck's car alarm going off in the parking lot.  I peeped out the window, and my car wasn't smoking or anything, so I went back to bed.  I'm guessing the lightning hit the power station or cell phone tower next to the hotel (although the power stayed on), given how close it sounded.  The next two flashes were 8 seconds and 15 seconds away, so that was a pretty fast moving storm.

Of course, I tossed and turned the rest of the night, sometimes half asleep.  The good news is that I (eventually) remembered today to request the work order I had thought of in the middle of the night, and I learned how I could attach a photo to it.

I've already put the deposit slip and debit card into my grocery bag with my paycheck, and hung the bag on the doorknob, so I think I'm good to go for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home