Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, May 04, 2013

On a Tear at the Maul

Today's adventure was a small one.  1) Go to the closest post office to mail some bills.  2) Go to the closer, smaller maul and visit the used bookstore there.  Both ventures were successful.

I figured I would be safe today, as the bookstore's website leads me to believe that they feature rarer or otherwise more expensive books.  I was pleasantly (I think) surprised.  Through the window, I noticed the spine of a mystery by an author I like, so I decided to start at that display before browsing the rest of the store.  As I entered and approached the table, I saw a sign which read, "$3.00 books this table only."  Oh, dear.  I didn't even attempt to look at the rest of the store.  I found more than enough books (nine) at that table.  (Thankfully, I had read numerous others I saw there, or else the damage might have been greater.)

As I think back to my visit (and book weakness), I realize that I have set parameters for what I will consider, but, within that range, when I see something that appeals to me and is cheap, I can't resist it.  I'm trying hard not to think of myself as a book slut.  (I know I've had that thought before, but as often as I repeat the pattern, it might be true.)

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, May 04, 2013 , Blogger Betty said...

Embrace your inner book slut, I say! Book slut pride!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home