Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, July 01, 2013

Working Hard, then Hardly Working

After a week of "rest", I figure I ought to explain the gap in my posts.  For over a week, I joined a hardy group of employees who stayed late to mow around schools that the regular crews had allowed to get out of control.  (Sure, the high rainfall contributed to grass growth, but when we were mowing two schools every night and three on Saturdays, even after taking two hours to service equipment before heading out, why couldn't the crews do two in one day?)

Instead of getting off at 2:30 p.m., we worked until 9:00 p.m., went home for a late, meager dinner, and barely slept before it was time to get up the next morning and start over.  That's why you didn't hear from me:  I had no time to blog.

Mind you, I am not forgetting how lucky I am that I don't have to work 15-hour days every day, but I sure wonder why a few of us volunteered to do so, while the majority didn't, couldn't, or wouldn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home