Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chlorophyllisms

As I readjust to life with a computer, and as I proceed through all the notes and to-do items I had set aside until I had a computer again, and as I restore as much as my lost data as I can, I'll be finding little blog ideas I had set aside for later.  Today's post is one example. I thought of a couple of bon mots to share.  (Incidentally, if you can help me figure out a horticulture-related pun on the French phrase, I'd appreciate it.)

You know how you pass by a house or business or school or someplace, and the look of it strikes you as kind of blah?  Maybe it's nothing but grass (or rocks, for those of you in dry climates), not even a tree.  Maybe it's just the same durned look as every other building around it.  Maybe the design is different but all the plant species are the same.  I've coined a word to describe that:  blandscaping.

I strive to curse as little as possible.  I am generally successful, except when I am driving alone.  (I tend to behave if I have a passenger.)  It surprises me that I haven't thought of this plant-related cuss until just recently:  son of a birch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home