Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I can dream, can't I?

I found out from Thing Two that a job I applied for last year (and was shunted out of the application process) has been reposted.

Pro's:  location (Las Cruces, which means living in my condo, so no rent on top of my mortgage, and just one set of utility bills), salary (more than enough to live on and replace my fridge, then rebuild my financial cushion and save for other home repairs), proximity to friends and family, weather.

Con's:  guilt (about leaving this job less than a year after being hired), disappointing the employees who have come to like me, displacing my friend Gimpy (who is renting my condo), moving all my stuff yet again, making room in my condo for some of my new stuff and somehow disbursing the rest.

Based on those lists, I'd be stupid if I didn't apply again.  Besides, I don't even have to warn my boss unless I make it to the second stage of interviews.

In the meantime, I'll dream of seeing my friends again, visiting my mom more frequently and helping clear extraneous matter from her house, and not living paycheck to paycheck (I think I have enough to pay November's rent, but that means doing without groceries, at least until next Thursday's payday, but I'd rather starve with a roof over my head than starve outside).  I even had a little fantasy, on my walk back from the library tonight, that I could afford cable TV, even if I don't watch it, just so I could have a green chile cheeseburger and Dr. Pepper on Friday evenings then go home and watch Doctor Who.  (Betty, if I am seriously considered for the job, it will be imperative to have our DW marathon, so I can catch up on all the "old" Matt Smith episodes before falling even farther behind with the "new" ones.)


2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, October 31, 2013 , Blogger Betty said...

It would be great to have you back in New Mexico! And you know I'm up for that Who marathon!

 
At 7:43 PM, November 15, 2013 , Anonymous Robomarkov said...

Matt Smith. He is most excellent as The Doctor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home