Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Off the Road Again

Today is day #2 of my confinement.  Some vacation this is turning out to be!  On the other hand, I'm doing nothing different in my apartment than I would be doing at my mom's (i.e. sitting around and reading), and it's much better that I do nothing in good health and physical condition than to be injured in a wreck on the way.  I ventured outside my apartment today to check out the local conditions.  Here are some more pics I took.

Here's the "Winter Wonderland", which certainly looks attractive from a distance.

Then again, it looks attractive up close, too.

More natural beauty.

On the other hand, here's some of the damage caused.

I have to walk under/around this shrub to get to the parking lot...

...to find reason #1 why I can't leave town.  (You'll notice that the license plate isn't even visible.)

How am I supposed to use my mirrors if they look like this?

Presuming I can see out the windows in the first place!

I was able to chop much of the ice off my car, while running the engine and defrosters (it was surprisingly easy to open the driver's door to reach the ignition, and the tailgate to get the ice scraper), but I couldn't get all of it.  I think I'll try the rest this afternoon, when the temperature is supposed to reach freezing (or, hopefully, thawing).  I checked weather forecasts for cities from Tulsa to Albuquerque (inclusive) and determined that there might be some melting in all locations today.  I also checked state highway department websites and learned that some of the interstate highway through the Texas panhandle is closed (the rest is just snowy and icy), so I couldn't get through for the time being, anyway.

Thus, I've pushed off my departure until tomorrow morning -- weather permitting.  All forecasts call for Tuesday to be downright warm (in the 40's).  Even though I don't want to wait until Christmas Eve to head out, that might happen.

Stay tuned for further weather updates from Inaction News.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, December 23, 2013 , Anonymous Robomarkov said...

Wow. Lovely ice storm. It is about 5 degrees warmer here than it is back home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home