Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, April 05, 2014

I Can't Keep Coming Up with Witty Titles for Posts like This

I walked to the post office this morning, to drop two bill payments in the outgoing mailbox.  On my walk back, I saw an emergency vehicle heading my direction.  However, it turned off onto a side street before passing me.

"Wait a minute," I realized.  If it turned off on the first road past the stoplight, it went down my road.  Here's where I thought, "Oh no, not again," again.

After I turned down my road, I saw red and white lights ahead (were they flashy-washy or flickery-wickery?).  I also saw headlights.  I thought the vehicle had turned around.  At any rate, it wasn't on the same side of the street as my apartment complex.

I spoke too soon.  That vehicle made a left turn.  I thought it was at the stop sign.  When I neared my complex, though, I saw not one but two emergency vehicles in the parking lot behind my building.  One of them was an ambulance, so it apparently wasn't a fire.  No personnel were on my side of the building, so I apparently didn't have to worry about my apartment.  Still, I'm starting to wonder if I'm destined to live in areas frequently visited by emergency vehicles.  I thought it was just the weather which I make wacky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home