Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, June 09, 2014

You May Already Be a Loser!

I receive (nearly daily) e-mails from a well-known sweepstakes organization.  (I'm not telling you the name because I don't want your competition.)  They are very careful about not saying that one has won anything, but they inflate their language to make entrants more enthusiastic about their miniscule chances.

Here's an example from a recent e-mail.  They proudly announced that "over $388,263.09" was awarded to "over 1,055 people" in Oklahoma.  In other words, $388,263.10 and 1,056.  I was curious, so I did the math.  If every one of those people were given the same amount, they would have received $367.67 each (including rounding).

Big, fat, hairy deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home