Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, October 31, 2014

Only Children over 18 Permitted

I was idle today, monitoring my crew's work.  I should say that my body was idle; my brain was fully engaged.  It wasn't thinking about work, though.

The crew lead was trying to think of a way to ditch one of the temp's on their way to lunch.  He pondered telling the temp they would go to a different restaurant than they really were heading for.  It sounded to me like the plot of a children's story:  "Scrumpy and the Snipe Hunt".  ("Scrumpy" is the nickname for the temp.)

It doesn't really have a kiddy-lit feel to it, does it?  Oh, well, that's just my snarky sense of humor.  It could be funny, in an adult way.  The next episode in the series I thought of would be titled "Scrumpy and the Snowplow".  (I haven't thought of what would befall Scrumpy, but it would be kind of like a Mister Bill episode.)  The series finale would be called "Scrumpy Gets a Snake Bite".  Do you think I should go for something more subtle?  How about "Scrumpy Develops a Cough"?

I also contemplated another story -- a real, children's story this time.  As one of my crew used the weedwhacker near some surplus, playground parts, I thought of how he was almost small enough to play on that equipment.  His story would  be called "Playtime for Mohamad".  I think it will be a simple story.  "This is Mohamad.  Mohamad builds playgrounds.  Build, Mohamad.  Build."  Eventually, the playground is finished.  But, before the children are allowed on it, it must be tested for safety.  Who better to test it than Mohamad?  "Whee!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home