Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, July 06, 2015

Home (Repair) for the Holidays

It appears that someone got too exuberant during Independence Day this past weekend and smashed my mother's mailbox  like a grapefruit that has been run over by a car.  So, it was a quick trip to the hardware store to buy a replacement and mount it on the existing post.  It was a simple enough repair job for me to handle, but I would've been doomed if I had had to excavate the old post and mix some concrete to mount a new one.

What's really strange is that, from what I could tell by standing by the mailbox and looking both ways along the street, no one else's mailbox was touched.

Oh, and since I had the tools up from the basement, I also finally replaced the broken knobs on the utility room sink, which I had been too lazy to do for...  Well, let's just say that I've been lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home