Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, April 24, 2017

Help!

You likely know that I have a tendency to prefer exact, accurate language.  (I'm not necessarily a literalist, just a specifist.)  Every so often, it irks me when someone says something that is the opposite of what they mean.

Last night, the weatherman said that the wind this week "won't help the chances of fire".  He then proceeded to state that the spring winds this week will contribute to an "elevated fire danger".  Isn't that what he just said wouldn't happen?

A former employer mandated that all employees had to attend sexual harassment training.  My coworkers took my point that they meant sexual harassment prevention training.

When I lived in the Noog, the route to my weekly cheesesteak had me drive past the Pregnancy Help Center.  I always passed by after business hours, but I figure they must have had a line out the door of guys wanting to help women get pregnant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home