Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, August 10, 2009

My job is trying to kill me.

Rest assured, however, that I am well and healthy. I didn't post for over a week because I flew to New Mexico, picked up my car and numerous belongings, and drove back to Tennessee. (That's a post in itself.)

You may recall my Sat. 7/25/09 post where I related the tale of the car with no brakes. I have another chapter for what (unfortunately) may become an anthology of stories about my issues with autos. (That might be a good title for it.)

On Sat. 8/1/09, I had to be at the Chattanooga airport about 6:15 a.m. That's too early for everyone else I work with, so the night watchman at the school was delegated to drive me to the airport. He was as friendly as everyone is around here (and as talkative as so many Tenneseeans are), but he was a bit slow on the uptake. Maybe he was just tired as he approached the end of his night shift. Whatever the reason, when we got to the airport, he made a wrong turn, and we ended up driving the wrong way on an offramp from another road.

Don't worry. There was only one car headed for us.

Don't worry. It didn't hit us.

The rest of the past week was much better. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home