Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Balls or Stones?

Almost everyone had a terrible night bowling last night. I blame the fact that the TV's above the lanes had college basketball on instead of Olympic curling, like they did last week, when we all bowled very well. Then again, I bowled well last autumn, when the Phillies were in the World Series. Maybe it depends on the size of the balls or who's handling them. Overall, I think I prefer stones, though.

One thing struck me as odd about the basketball game last night. It gets filed in the "Yet Another Reason Why I'll Never Understand Sports" category. A player was sidelined due to injury (he had a cast, so I'm guessing broken wrist or arm). Even though he couldn't play, he was on the sidelines. He wore a suit and tie. Meanwhile, his teammates, the ones actually being watched by thousands of people, were in the equivalent of an undershirt and boxer shorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home