Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I don't want to cook yogurt.

Or brew yogurt. Or distill yogurt. Or ferment yogurt. Or whatever is done to make yogurt. I don't want recipes to create yogurt. I just want to mix yogurt.

I figure, in my cost-cutting mode, that I should be able to make my own yogurt cheaper (not to mention better tasting) if I just take a large tub of plain yogurt and mix in some frozen raspberries. (Plus, I'll create less waste by not having dozens of little plastic cups hanging around my kitchen.)

However, I can't find how much fruit I need to mix with how much yogurt. A blog search gave me numerous sites to ferment my own yogurt. The National Yogurt Association (I should've known there's an association for everything) has recipes for waffle topping, smoothies, slurps, snacks, dips, parfaits, salads, rafts, and even curried turkey, but no mention of how to eat yogurt as, well, just yogurt.

And did you notice that, the more often you see the word yogurt, the stranger the word yogurt looks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home