Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, March 05, 2010

I can bench press 3,240 pounds.

Only not all at once.

One of my employees asked how much I bench press. I told him that I do three sets of 12 repetitions at 90 pounds. (That adds up to 3,240 lbs.) I figure, though, that he, like many other people, was thinking of how much weight I could push at one time. How often am I called upon to do that? What matters more to me is what my pecs look like in a T-shirt.

I'm ready to move up to more weight, though. Should I push 3,420 lbs. or go for 3,600 lbs.?

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, March 05, 2010 , Anonymous Robomarkov said...

Ideally, you should be working to failure on the last rep. That is, the last rep should be really hard. If you physically can't complete it, then that is good.

To force your body to make the muscles, try adding five to ten pounds each week.

Don't forget protein. Building muscle takes LOTS. My nutritionist told me I should be eating 80% my body weight in grams every day, even on rest days (i. e. if I weighed 100lbs, I'd need to eat 80 grams of protein every day). Mind you, this was tailored for me. You may be different.

Definitely, eat some protein immediately ( <30minutes) after your workout. I drink a protein shake that has 20grams in it.

 
At 6:05 AM, March 08, 2010 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

I went for the 3,600 lbs. Go, me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home