Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday in the Dark with George

Well, Daylight Savings Time has begun again in the U.S., and aside from further confusing me what time it is now in Arizona, where Robomarkov lives, it is now darker in the morning and lighter at night. This might mean nothing to Betty, who works rotating shifts and often has to sleep during the day anyway, but for me it means that it's dark again when my crew starts work and light at night when I go to bed. There's something wrong about that, but we early morning people probably are a minority, so writing our elected representatives probably won't do any good.

On the brighter side (ahem), if you ever wish to visit me, do it during the summer. When I moved here last July, I was walking around downtown on a Friday night, glanced at my watch, and realized that it was still light out at 9 o'clock at night. Not only would you get to do cool things in more daylight, you'd get at least a few minutes of amusement out of my confused reaction.

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, March 16, 2010 , Blogger Geosomin said...

It's still dark too much up here.

I'm giddy that the sun is actually coming up now on my way to work...in the winter we seem stuck inside for all the sunny bits...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home