Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, March 05, 2010

Bessie, Lucy, and Cecille

One of my employees came to my office to pick up more coffee for the crew. (The coffee, creamer, and sugar are in a cabinet in my office so that no one with sticky fingers can take any home.) He made an offhand remark about my plants being named Bessie, Lucy, and Cecille.

Now I'm needlessly confused. I have eight plants, so which of them are the three he named? Worse yet, what if one of them dies and I don't know it's Lucy? How am I to know if I should sing, "You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille," or not?

Before you get your knickers in a twist about me sticking a Kenny Rogers song in your head for the rest of the day, try this one instead.



Alternatively, you can think of Bessie Smith. Incidentally, it's getting nearer to The Noog's annual Bessie Smith Strut, part of the Riverbend festival in June. Anyone want to join me for a night of barbecue and blues?

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, March 05, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

Sigh. It's too late. I already have Kenny Rogers stuck in my head.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home