Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm glad I don't work for scale.

(Just to make sure I was using the term correctly, I looked up the definition of "working for scale".)

One of the high-level administrative assistants stopped by the lunch table where Froggy, Miss Kitty, and I sit. During the conversation, Miss Kitty asked how many students will be graduating. "Oh, a lot!" the admin. exclaimed, "170!"

I bit back a comment (and almost my tongue, too). That's less than half of the graduating class from my high school, and it's nowhere near the number of graduates back at NMSU, which had 1,100-1,200 in each of the morning and afternoon ceremonies.

I know it's all relative, but I'm going to get darned tired of holding back sarcastic comments whenever someone whines about how tough work is. Then again, think of how much more I'm earning per acre at a 100-acre campus vs. a 1,200 acre campus. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home