Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, July 09, 2010

Wonder Twin Powers... er, Triplet... er...

The weird guy I see at the bowling alley only on Friday nights ("weird" in this case means he talks a lot, to me, to anyone nearby, but mostly to himself, and doesn't need an answer to keep going) thinks he has seen me elsewhere (at Wal-Mart, of all places). No, the only reason he recognizes me is because I made the mistake of staring at him (because he kept talking to himself) long enough to make eye contact when I first noticed him a few weeks ago, and now he knows I'm there every Friday.

Side note: I had been the only one in that part of the alley, and I had been bowling well, until he arrived and started (continued?) talking. Then I realized that he should have been several lanes over. "Hey!" the guy behind the counter yelled to him, "Leave that guy alone. He has his own league over there."

Anyway, the point of this post is that the weird guy is not the first person to think he has seen me elsewhere. However, he is the first one to say so in Chattanooga. (My favorite is the guy who thinks he saw me driving a classic pickup truck on the NMSU campus.)

The saying is that everyone has a doppelganger. How many of us are there, though, who have more than one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home