Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

I thought the saying was, "He who dies with the most toys wins".

I need to talk to our uniform deliveryman today. I thought his company had fixed the problem themselves, but last week they reverted to old behavior.

Every week for the past year, my uniform pants have arrived on wire hangers with a cardboard tube to keep the pants from creasing. All of my crew's pants are on plain wire hangers. (I guess I'm special because I'm the manager.)

Every so often, I noticed that my pants hangers were removed from the "return your hangers here" rack and put in the trash can. I would take them from the trash can and put them back in the rack.

The uniform guy informed me several months ago that the company doesn't accept the cardboard hangers back for reuse and that he was the one throwing them away. (I agree; it doesn't make sense for them to issue the hangers but not take them back. But, this is The Noog, after all.) I have been accumulating the hangers in my living room closet and forgetting to call local dry cleaners to see if they would like any of them.

Two weeks ago, my pants were on plain wire hangers. I thought the company had realized its folly. Last week, they were back to using cardboard hangers. I want to see the uniform guy today and specifically request that they not use cardboard hangers for my pants any more.

Just for you guys, I counted the hangers this morning before I left for work. I might have missed a few, but I counted an even 100 hangers. So, if you ever come to my apartment and take off your pants, there are plenty of places to hang them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home