Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, August 16, 2010

My, what a hairy noog.

Some of you have asked me why I say "The Noog" instead of Chattanooga. (Other than the obviously easier spelling.) I got it from a bumper sticker (which can be purchased here). As I told my coworkers in an e-mail about the other bumper stickers for sale on the aforementioned site, I live in The Noog; I've seen Rock City; I have an employee who says "pre-she-ate-cha", but... what's a "momenen"?

At first, I thought the word was pronounced with a long "O", such as in "moment". Then, in a flash of brilliance (yes, I have them occasionally), I changed the pronunciation to a short "o" and pondered it might be prounced similarly to, "How's your mom and them?"

It turns out I was right. Could this be the first step in understanding Noog logic? (Is it too late to turn back?)

Then I wondered how prevalent the word "Noog" could be, so I did a web search and found this page, which offers ten (well, eight, since two are duplicated) definitions. I'd quite prefer to be #1 rather than #7, thank you very much.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, August 16, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

"How's your mom and them?"

You know, I thought I wanted to know the answer to what the heck that meant. But it's not actually very interesting, is it? :)

 
At 5:37 AM, August 17, 2010 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Not as interesting as a hairy noog, no.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home