Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

You're never too old to learn.

Indeed, you can even learn while on an extended weekend from work. Lesson #1: Shut your car door. Even if you think you shut it, shut it again. Otherwise, the snow you're sweeping off the roof will fall onto your seat. Lesson #2: I need an hour more sleep than I'm getting. I slept in some of the days I was off work, and I woke up on my own about an hour after my alarm usually goes off. On my current schedule, I'm in bed for eight hours, but once you include the time it takes me to fall asleep and the times I wake up during the night, that's less than eight hours of actual sleep. However, I'm not going to go to bed at 7:30 p.m. That's just nuts. Maybe it's because I had a cold, so I needed more sleep. Maybe it will get better once I get a bed.

I know I've been talking about this for a while, but I have wembled again. I'm now leaning toward buying this bed (with cherry finish and drawers). I need to get off my duff and order it because, yesterday, I bought a bed set and two sets of sheets for it. I also ordered curtains for my living room and bedroom (can't remember the name, so I can't link to them, but they're a solid, dark green), bought a paperback mystery I hope my mom hasn't already read (Betty, there's another store I need to take you to), and a large, owl picture from Dwight's Swap Shop. (Man, it's fun having Thing One in town, but I've spent a lot of money since she arrived.)

Update: I'm at home, so I could refer to my receipt. Here's the link for my bedroom curtains. If you look at the offering carefully, you'll note that the general public doesn't get the choice of dark green, as I did. Yes, I know I'm special; I'm Cap'n Chlorophyll, after all. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home