Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, July 11, 2011

In my defense, I didn't choose the radio station.

Skippy's boss visited campus today. Per his typical behavior (identified by Elmer Fudd before I started working here), he had nothing good to say. He's officially on my list of Negative Nellies, those people who never think positively.

During my afternoon workout, the speakers in the weight room were blasting a local, country music, radio station. One of the female singers kept repeating the line, "All you're ever going to be is mean." It seemed fitting for the day.

There's a bit of irony here. Froggy and Miss Kitty have previously complained (yes, I chose that word carefully) that Skippy's boss never has anything good to say. Not only are they on my Negative Nellies list already, that put them on my Hypocritical Harrys list, as well.

At least it wasn't (c)rap "music", like on Thursday, when I quit only partway through my workout. Two of the three songs I endured were (c)rap (the other was hard rock), and they were chock full of profanities. I don't want to listen to sh*t like that, let alone have it forced on me at ultra volume.

Oops, more irony. Now how did that get in there? :)

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, July 12, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

While I am no fan of rap, I'd rather hear any number of profanities than country music. I'd rather hear almost anything than country music.

Needless to say, around here (as, no doubt, in Tennessee), you hear a lot of country music... And I don't even want to talk about what happens when I'm trapped in the car with my mother.

Sigh.

 
At 3:32 AM, July 13, 2011 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

She turns into the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home