Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dude, where's my yard?

I've been helping Thing One with the final stages of fixing up her house before the Royal Visit. (After much rescheduling, her mom is finally moving to The Noog to join her. Thing One's daughter and two granddaughters will be accompanying her for a week-long visit.) We rebuilt the porch railings and have spent much time tidying the yard (picking up fallen branches, broken bricks, broken glassware, alcohol bottles, carpet remnants, etc. and cutting weeds off the chain link fences). The yard is now so bare, it looks much bigger. At least, Thing One seems to think so. What I see when I look at it is the absence of grass. We need to find some grass seed for shaded areas then hope for the return of rain. (It hasn't rained for a month, which seems more like the climate I left behind in New Mexico, and certainly doesn't match the abundance of precipitation from my first year in The Noog.)

I was pondering: since Thing One's family is flying in, can I refer to the plane as "Air Force One"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home