Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, August 25, 2011

This isn't a cream puff. It's a cannoli with chocolate chips.

I had an unexpected (though pleasant) visit yesterday from the "Area Support Manager" for my company. In other words, he's the guy who travels around and visits all the grounds managers in the warm-season turf part of the country. I'll admit to a bit of pride that he made many of the same observations I have (so I'm not crazy, deluded, or just plain wrong). The reason his visit was so pleasant, though, was because he gave me some good tips (whereas Skippy's boss spouts negativity when he visits and then asks, "What can I do to help you?").

My favorite part of the visit was at lunch, when the manager said, "Oh, I knew within five minutes of meeting [Froggy], when he acted put out about opening the door to let me in and calling you on the phone to tell you I was here, that he's an a--h---."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home