Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, September 12, 2011

Consider this my announcement to the world.

The weather is not my fault. It has not been my fault for over a year. Stop telling me that I made it rain last night.

Actually, I wasn't sure it rained, or if the humidity was just denser than usual. (Yeah, we usually have dew on the grass, but this time the asphalt and concrete were damp, too.) According to the swimming coach, whom I frequently see in the locker room in the morning, it rained just as he and his wife were going to bed.

I, of course, am blaming others. I think it rained last night because Thing One's daughter and granddaughters are flying back to NM today. My reasoning goes like this.

1) The day I moved from NM to The Noog, the "drought" they were experiencing ended with a 2" downpour.

2) When Thing One moved from NM to The Noog last winter, the city experienced more snow events (including one at 6-8") than had happened in years.

3) As of last Sunday, Thing One's mother has moved to The Noog from NM, and we got 9.58" of rain on Monday (and another 0.58" Tuesday).

Actually, I see it's getting worse. I think we need an embargo on any more New Mexicans moving to The Noog, before those of us already here get washed away.

Hmm, this could be a new variable to test. If my New Mexican friends Betty or Gimpius Maximus come for just a visit, will the precipitation vary accordingly?

3 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, September 12, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

I'm definitely not moving there, so you don't have to worry about that. Could be an interesting experiment, though. :)

 
At 4:34 AM, September 13, 2011 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

You'll have to let me know about your effect on the rainfall during your upcoming trip to Hawaii.

 
At 9:57 AM, September 13, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

I'm not at all sure it's possible for them to get more than they already do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home